Monday, July 18, 2011

The Baby Journey with PCOS: Clomid

I had a break down a week or two ago where I cried in Sexy Husband's arms saying that I was tired of taking care of other people's children and wanted to be taking care of my own. Don't get me wrong, I love babysitting for my friends and such but I am ready for one of my own.

So I received an encouraging note from a friend who told me of their baby journey and some of the processes they had to go through to get pregnant. It was encouraging because I know and have loved on their little boy and he is absolutely precious!

It did make me stop and think though about trying the metphormin for too long. I will be thirty in December and I know that is really not "that old" but not knowing how long this process might take I decided that we should go ahead and try Clomid.

I have an appt. with my OBGYN on Thursday to sit down and discuss with her and Sexy Husband what all taking Clomid entails.

The problem is I am not ovulating and it is pretty impossible to get pregnant if you are not ovulating. Looking back on my past I am pretty sure I have always had trouble with ovulating because I could go six months without a period. It was always sporadic when I was younger.

I am a bit anxious to take Clomid because it does have side effects and one is weight gain, which is the last thing I need, but something has to be tried to kick start my ovulation.

If I cannot get myself to ovulate then we might need to start praying about where to go from here....

1 comment:

G-Man said...

Keep Tryin.....G