Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I am the Moon


This Imp has always held a fascination for the moon. It can be so amazing in so many different ways. A small sliver barely peeking from behind silver clouds nestled in a crisp black sky. That big beautiful circle in a star enriched sky that reflects off the waves of the ocean. A half circle against a blue fading sky, painted with the rich colors of gold, yellow, and red as the sun gives way to let the moon shine. Or does it? The sun is what gives the moon its light!
This Imp had the true blessing of being able to hear Sara Groves sing this weekend and bought her new CD. On it is a song titled "You are the Sun" The lyrics discuss how God is the sun and I am the moon with no light of my own, yet He has made me shine! What an amazing song!

It has revealed such wonders to this Imp. I am the moon and cannot shine unless I turn my face to Him. When the moon is covered by the earth the sun cannot shine on it and we do not see it. Yet when it turns its face to the sun and gets out of the shadow of the earth, it grows, shapes and turns into a full beautiful sight to all those who can see!

The moon also has different places in the sky, different colors, different distances to the earth for every season! It is ever changing through the year, and though it disappears at times it always comes back, and in the light of the sun, is allowed to shine fully again! I cannot express the amazing feelings I am experiencing at this moment!

All I can say is be encouraged my brothers and sisters! Our God is an awesome God and though we are dark and cold stones He shines his Love on us and makes us shine as well! And no matter if we disappear within the shadow of sin, if we turn our faces back to Him, He will always shape us back into a full moon, everytime!

"Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the Sun..." Isaiah 30:26a

"For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, has shined in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ." 2 Corinthians 4:6

1 comment:

The Baz said...

And long may the Sun shine upon the moon... :)