Thursday, May 10, 2012

Has it already been and has it only been 4 years?

Today, May 10, 2012, Sexy Husband and I have been married 4 years. It has been great! I can truly say that without going "well there was that time" because it really has been great.

From Day 0, our wedding day, we have been able to coexist pretty easily. No huge fights, no major blowups, maybe a few "I am frustrated and miffed at you right now!" moments but I will take those over yelling and true anger. I know that our marriage is God divined because I would not have picked out such a perfect man for me!


 I know they say opposites attract and when it comes to personalities we are definitely opposites but one of the things that I think helps us is that we have a lot in common as well. Having things in common, especially outlooks on life, is huge in a relationship, in my humble opinion. We were raised in very similar ways and so we tend to have the same views, or very close to the same, on the major issues: religion, finances, family, politics, etc. I like to think this has saved us from many a fight. Also while we were dating, we had discussions on these issues to see where each of us stood and how it would affect the other person.

So we have had four years of happiness and "wedded bliss" if you want to call it that. It will get interesting later this year when Baby Girl H makes her arrival and we learn together to be parents. I know we will do just fine and that as long as we keep Christ in our relationship we will persevere, but it will be interesting to see what new challenges arise for us as a couple when you throw a baby into the mix!

For the next four months though we are going to enjoy just being us, the couple!

My absolute favorite picture of Sexy Husband while we were dating! I hope Baby Girl H gets his eyes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

man you need a "like" button to push--love both of ya'll--mama