Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Selling the Wedding Dress

I decided a while back to sell my wedding dress. Now some girls would gasp in horror at such a thought but to me it seems the most logical thing to do. I mean it is not like my dress was my great-great grandmother's dress that has been passed down through the generations. Also I am not so delusional that I think I should keep it for my future daughter. Just looking at my own mother and how different our body shapes are stops me, if not that fact that styles change drastically over the years.

I will never wear that dress again because even in the two years since I wore it my body has changed. If God blesses me with pregnancy my body will change even more.

Don't get me wrong, I love my wedding dress and think it is beautiful but why not let some other woman feel beautiful in it instead of letting it rot in the closet? My dear mother-in-law has been allowing me to keep it at her house due to the limited storage I have in my own home.

So on with the dress to someone who can feel like a princess in it for her special day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is an awesome attitude!

TJ said...

Very sensible. I like it!

Angie said...

I think it's a cool idea. Besides, the marriage is what counts, not what you wore on that day.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I am a shallow one and kept my dress. I had it preserved hanging so that my daughter (now that I finally have one) can look at it and tell me if she likes it or not. If she doesn't, I welcome her to cut it and/or use pieces of the fabric or something. My mom kept hers, too. I welcome Lanie and my nieces to look at Mom's that way, too.

However, getting back just a fraction of the price I paid for it would be nice!!! :)

Melanie