Friday, December 11, 2009

Cracker Barrel People

One of my favorite places to eat is Cracker Barrel. They have great variety and good food :) I go there quite often and found myself eating lunch there with my Grammy today.

One thing I have noticed over the times I have eaten in a Cracker Barrel is the numerous amount of old time family portraits or personal portraits on the walls. Now in case you have never been inside a Cracker Barrel, the walls are covered in old memorabilia from adverts to old farm tools.

In every one of the Cracker Barrels I have been in there is at least one family portrait hanging there on the wall for every stranger to see. I cannot help but wonder, who are they?

Who is this family that sit there so somber because exposure time did not allow smiles in pictures? Did that woman marry that man for convenience or for love? Did those children grow up and get married themselves? Why is their picture hanging in Cracker Barrel instead of someone's home?

Now I know that these are most likely copies, but still, who are these people?

Just one of the many unanswered questions in my head!

No comments: