Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Addicted to Facebook

Hi my name is Imp.

I am a Facebook Addict.

I created a Facebook account a couple years ago when it and MySpace were becoming popular. It wasn't until about a year ago that I really started using it. In the last year it has become an addiction.

Why you ask?

Because I am a people person. I love people and I love the fact that I can connect with so many people I know/have known/barely knew but liked. I love the fact that I have reconnected with people I have not seen in literally a decade and we can catch up.

I do not get into all the applications and silly quizzes they have available but looking through pictures of my friend's weddings, families, babies, graduations, and trips that otherwise I might have missed or not seen due to distance and time is fantastic!

Being able to say hi and make fun comments to my family who lives in other states with the click of a keyboard and mouse is such a blessing.

One of my best friends was in Africa for six months and we were able to keep up with her the whole time. She posted pictures of her mission work every other week, was able to give specific prayer requests and updates. It was fantastic to put faces to the people she would talk about or mention.

My cousins who live in VA, I used to see once every two years or so if that, now I can say hi in an instant, look at their pictures, see how they are doing without having to wait until I can make another trip.

Now this in no means replaces personal contact, and I know there has been many a discussion about the negative affects Facebook and other social websites has on personal socialization but to me it is an enhancement tool.

Facebook is not for everybody but I definitely recommend at least checking it out, especially if you like staying connected with loved ones, friends, and acquaintances.

www.facebook.com


If you get connected, let me know, I will be your friend :)

Until next time....

No comments: