Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Daughters

She was wearing a red dress with smocking on the front. A small ribbon was tied in her hair and had to be clipped as well so it would not slide out of the silky brown strands. Black mary janes with the lace cuffed socks adorned her feet and a smile completed the outfit. Who was the smile for? Her daddy.

He was wearing a blue dress shirt with navy blue dress pants. His hair was cut in a professional, clean cut. He seemed alert of everything going on around yet eyes were focused solely in front of him. His outfit was also complete with a smile. Who was his smile for? His daughter.

This is the sight that met my eyes whilst I was eating lunch today. I decided to go out instead of eating at home so I found myself at a pizza buffet place where I could munch on some oh so deliscious salad and pizza. I love this! I love seeing a father spending time with his children. I love seeing a father smile at his daughter like she is the smartest, prettiest, bestest little girl in the world! This man focused on his daughter like she was the most precious thing in the world and time meant nothing. She was probably around four and cute as a button. They were all smiles and talk. I could not hear the conversation but with the way he was attentive and answering it came across that even if they were discussing Elmo, he made it seem like they were having the most fascinating conversation ever. I could not help but smile and try not to stare.

I am "Daddy's Little Girl" and always will be no matter if I am 25, 45, or 85. I am fortunate that I have a terrific relationship with both of my parents but there is a special bond between Daddy's and their daughters if it is just heeded. I want that when I marry! I want a husband that will have such an awesome relationship with our children that I will be happily jealous. Oh it has given me a high just seeing that today in the restaraunt. In this day and age we have so many parents that aren't parents it is wonderful to see those who truly care.

It reminds me of one of my favorite songs by John Mayor:

I know a girl
She puts the color inside of my world
She's just like a maze
Where all of the walls all continually change
And I've done all I can
To stand on her steps with my heart in my hands
Now I'm starting to see
Maybe it's got nothing to do with me

Fathers be good to your daughters
Daughters will love like you do
Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too

Oh, you see that skin?
It's the same she's been standing in
Since the day she saw him walking away
Now she's left
Cleaning up the mess he made

Boys, you can break
You'll find out how much they can take
Boys will be strong
And boys soldier on
But boys would be gone without warmth from
A woman's good, good heart

On behalf of every man
Looking out for every girl
You are the god and the weight of her world

So fathers be good to your daughters
Daughters will love like you do

I hope you all have a blessed day!
*The picture is of me and my daddy.

1 comment:

Melodie Norman Haas said...

Thanks :) I am very glad that I am blessed with loving parents!

The Imp