Thursday, October 6, 2005

Trix the Rabbit

Ok so the Imp is eating Lucky Charms but thinking about Trix. What is the deal with Trix the Rabbit? For those who haven't grown up with this commercial, it is a cereal commercial that has a white cartoon rabbit who for as long as I can remember has been trying to get some Trix cereal and has now even digressed to trying to get Trix yogurt (which I think looks disgusting) Alas he is always stopped by a gaggle of children saying "Silly Rabbit, Trix are for kids" cue laughter. Haha.....it is not funny!
That poor rabbit has been chasing Trix for a better part of two decades, possibly more and has yet to get any! Why are those children being so mean and taunting? Makes me think of when I was in school and the taller children (which would have been everybody) would hold something above my head and taunt me. I feel some sympathy for that Rabbit but at the same time I want to say "Get a life!" to him. Trix is not the best cereal and if you are so smart to think of all the schemes he has been through in the commercials to get the Trix, go to the store and buy some!
I think that someone on the Trix's marketing team should come up with a series of Trix commercials where the rabbit eventually gets some Trix! I mean talk about celebration! It would make me want to buy some Trix! I think people who grew up watching that rabbit tormented again and again would celebrate too! Hmm maybe this is why this Imp is not in marketing.

1 comment:

Funknuggets said...

The way I see it, the hook of the marketing plan was ... "Silly rabbit, TRIX ARE FOR KIDS"... which was pretty damn good. It created the overly possessive, non-sharing aspect that we all love in children.

Plus... I have sampled the Trix yogurt... it isnt really that bad... more like a artifical fruit flavored yogurt.... thats all. The thing I dont get is that they have changed shape of the trix. No longer are they colored balls... its little fruit shaped puffs. Personally I think it sucks. THATS what they need to do...