Friday, October 7, 2005

Downstairs Dilemma

Bass...boom, boom, boom, rattle, rattle, rattle....was what I could hear and feel through my floor. It started about 9:30 pm. and I decided I would give them until 1 a.m. and if it was still going then I would tromp downstairs and politely ask them to turn the bass down. I live on the upstairs part of my apartment building and so far have not been bothered by any neighbors or such, until last night. I think it is a college boy or boys that live there, I never see them and before last night had never heard them either. I must note here at the beginning it never got to a point where I was mad, but it did present a dilemma
Do I really want to go down there and confront them, even politely, for slamming doors and booming bass, when there is the possibility sometime in the future I might have friends over and don't realize but am stomping around on my now-noisey neighbor's head? This question did make this Imp pause, trying to realize if the slamming and booming were truely bothering me. Washing my dishes at 1 a.m. in the morning, I came to the conclusion that...no it didn't really bother me because I was not trying to sleep. The noise finally died down after a few more door slams and cars, with loud stereos, cranking and screeching away.
So no confrontation needed and I finally got sleepy around 3 a.m. and decided I had better grab a few winks of sleep before the alarm sounded at 6!

1 comment:

Funknuggets said...

Try headphones, or reading Sun Tzu's Art of War... blend either with a little sipping whiskey and you will not even notice the nefarious auditory derelicts...