Monday, January 25, 2010

Planning Baby Showers

I am getting to have fun and plan two baby showers for March. The best thing is one is for a boy and one is for a girl. My method for my party planning is to research, research and research some more until I have my "Ah ha!" moment.

I really enjoy party planning, from finding the theme to making the invitations from scratch, it is something I thoroughly enjoy. The girl shower has been a challenge because the mom-to-be is not very girly at all and wants nothing to do with pink. I am totally ok with that though because I got to throw the "Princess" shower for my SIL before Princess Penguin got here. The mom-to-be is ok with purple and green so I started with those colors as a basis for my theme. I have recently had my "Ah-ha!" moment with it and am now in full swing of planning.

I am still working on the boy shower, but you cannot rush an "Ah-ha!" moment, they have to come naturally. Either way I am having lots of fun and I am sure I will post about them in the future.

No comments: